Pest Management Correspondence Courses
Training Programs For Pest Management Professionals - Protecting Health, Property, and Food
These courses are part of a continuing education/distance learning Urban and Industrial
Pest Management curriculum designed to provide the pest management and related industries with accessible and affordable university-quality training. All the courses:
- can be registered for at any time
- are low cost
- can be completed at home or at work without supervision
- can be completed on-line, if preferred
- can be given to one or more employees at a time (no class required)
- provide students with easy-to-read assignments, and present typical
- on-the-job pest problems that help the student to analyze problems and provide solutions.
Which courses are offered?
- Introduction To Urban And Industrial IPM
- Food Plant IPM
- Turfgrass IPM
- IPM in Public Buildings and Landscapes
- Termites and Other Wood-Destroying Pests IPM
- Advanced Urban/Industrial IPM
- Invasive Borers IPM
- National Wildlife Control IPM
- Introduction to Urban and Industrial IPM - SPANISH VERSION
- Bed Bugs Mini Course (Correspondence Only)
- IPM Courses State Certification Equivalents (MAP)
These courses are part of a continuing Urban and Industrial Pest Management curriculum
designed to provide the industry with accessible and affordable university-quality
training. Thousands of pest management professionals have successfully completed
Purdue's IPM correspondence courses. All Purdue courses provide students
with easy-to-read assignments, present typical on-the-job pest problems, and help the
student analyze the problems and suggest solutions.
Click on the link below to view the Course Catalog
Pest Management Correspondence Course Catalog and Course Registration Form
As a reference, the Truman's Scientific Guide to Pest Control Operations 7th Edition book can be bought when you register for a correspondence course for $119.00 plus tax.
As a reference, the Truman's Scientific Guide to Pest Control Operations 7th Edition (Spanish) book can be bought when you register for a correspondence course for $119.00 plus tax.
Bugs Be Bone: Pest Control in Homes and Other Buildings book can be bought for $29.95 plus tax.
For additional copies of this book, please call 1-800-669-1668 or (216) 706-3750.
What happens when I enroll?
When you enroll you will receive a series of lesson worksheets. Complete these
worksheets in order, using the textbook as a guide. As you complete each lesson, mail to
Purdue University for review and correction by a Purdue University entomologist.
You have one year to finish all the lessons; however, many students complete the course
in less than six months. Your study time will be approximately 80 to 100 hours.
When you have satisfactorily completed all lessons, you finish the course by taking a
proctored examination at a time and place convenient to you. Instructions for engaging a
proctor will be provided to you. Your proctor will administer the exam and return it to
Purdue for grading. Upon passing the exam, you will be awarded a Purdue University
Certificate of Completion.
For further information on enrollment, go to the website or contact:
Pest Management Program
128 Memorial Mall, Stewart Center G-55
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2034
Phone (U.S & Canada.): 1-855-311-0002
(outside U.S.): 765-494-2748