|EAB Management - For Neighborhood Associations
Welcome to Neighbors Against Bad Bugs (NABB)!
Empowering Indiana's Public to
Combat Emerald Ash Borer
It is a program where Purdue Master Gardeners work with local neighborhood associations and other volunteer groups to make ash trees visible to the general public and raise awareness of what communities stand to lose to EAB.
The NABB Mission
- MOTIVATE advance planning for EAB
- RAISE AWARENESS of ash tree abundance and location
- EDUCATE communities about EAB management options and the benefits of working together
- Count your ash trees. A NABB Tree Tagging event can help! (NOTE: Trees along streets are often managed by your city. Step 2 is very important for these trees!)
- Discuss this number with your city forester and determine local policy for tree management
- Use the NABB Decision Guide to help determine which trees to protect and how to do it. A certified arborist can also help
- The EAB Cost Calculator can be used to help with decisions about large numbers of ash trees.
- Discuss with your neighbors about how best to manage neighborhood ash trees.
- Save money! Look for reputable contractors willing to consider discounts for managing everyone's trees at once.
- Plant EAB-resistant trees now!
Nabb Quick Guide
All the NABB basics in one convenient page!
Nabb Decision Guide
Step by step guide for managing ash trees on your property.